We always need volunteers to help us with the projects we run. We would love to hear from you if you have a few hours a week to spare or can help out now and again at our community and fundraising events.
- Lunch Club volunteers who can help prepare, serve and clear meals for up to 30 older people on weekdays from 9.30am to 2pm. You can do one day or five days, regular or one-off, starting 9.30am or 11am – we are very flexible and always grateful.
- People who can run craft, poetry, singing, art or other creative, fun sessions for our older guests, either during the after-lunch slot on a weekday or at other times.
- Helpers at our children’s and young people’s cooking and gardening sessions.
- Gardeners, especially those with a little experience who can help nurture the gardens in between the group sessions.
We regularly post and update all our volunteering opportunities on:
- Merton Voluntary Services Council’s website.This is linked to the national Do-it website.
- Team London volunteering
We are also pleased to accept work experience placements, and have a Silver Level Accreditation with Fair Train.