- Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard to get us through this crisis. Thank you for everything you freely gave so that we could all help those most in need.
- We are sending our heartfelt sympathies to everyone who has suffered and lost a loved one over this difficult time.
- We are opening back up again as a community centre, slowly and safely. We won’t be able to say ‘yes’ to everything you want, but we will always listen and do our best to bring Commonside back to full strength at the heart of the community to provide the community business that we know is so valued in Pollards Hill and the surrounding areas.
With Commonside very much in the eye of the surge testing storm, I am pleased to extend an invitation to you to attend our AGM on Wednesday 10 February at 6.30pm.
This will be an on-line AGM and we want to include as many local voices as possible. The formalities of the AGM will be fairly brief, and we are following them with a five – minute presentation from each of three guest speakers – see details below. After that we are asking attendees if they would like to share their passion, dream or idea with the rest of us – briefly – to really get a good feel about what people feel could be done in the future and how they wish to get involved.
- Declarations of interest
- Minutes & Matters Arising
- Chair’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Appointment of External Examiner (accounts)
- Election of officers
You have been invited to the Commonside Community Trust AGM
Time: Wednesday 10 February, 6.30pm.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
We will then send you a password.
Shernette May, Sherwood Park Hall
Shernette set up and runs the new Sherwood Park Hall CIC bravely launching this new community business venture in spring 2020 at the height of lockdown. Shernette graduated from the University of Greenwich in Event Management and Entertainment in 2018. Before setting up Sherwood Park Hall, Shernette worked as an Events Planner and ran her own Event Styling and Design business and party shop.
Grace Oyerinde, Accoutre Tuition
Grace has worked the finance industry for over thirty years and is currently a part-time Finance Director, whilst also running her own consultancy business.
She was a school governor for 15 years and is passionate about getting the very best results for every child and young person.
Fitzroy Dawson, Merton Community Transport
Fitzroy has worked in the voluntary sector for over 35 years, where he started in 1984 working as a Minibus Driver/Bookings Officer. In September 2000 he took the job of Chief Executive Officer of Merton Community Transport, his current position. He is also a Trustee for West Indian Families and Friends Association (WIFFA).